Tips for Hanging Objects
When hanging objects in a Little Room, Tabletop Mobiles, Position Board or other environment you want to make sure that items are secured properly. Here are some tips for doing this from Patty Obrzut and the folks at Penrickton Center for Blind Children.
Materials you may need:
- Tubing (aquarium, tube-feeding, etc.)
- Loop Turner
This tubing can be purchased at a pet store or hospital supply, but can also be saved from tube feeding devices.
Loop turners can be purchased at fabric stores or departments.
For best result use elastic that is at least 1/4 inch braided (not cord)
You can use mini cord locks that can be found at fabric or recreation departements or stores, or you can use small dowels. You need to cut a slight notch in the dowel to keep the elastic from slipping.
1. Insert the loop turner into a section of plastic tubing.
2. Attach the elastic to the loop turner.
3. Pull the elastic through the tubing.
4. Secure one end of the elastic to the dowel and the other end to the object.